Youth for Innovation Styria
– student program
Youth for Innovation Styria has become a central part of EYA and is organized in cooperation with CAMPUS02 and FH Joanneum.
- 15 student groups (one for each of EYA Winning Project)
- Task: Student groups have to analyse one of the winning projects in a very short period of time, develop basic concepts for further development and present their results at the “Open Space” during the EYA Festival (Friday, November 29, afternoon).
How does it work in detail?
- Kick-Off Styria: mid of October, Murinsel. All participants get a glimpse on the EYA winning projects and get to know their colleagues from different courses.
- The course leaders assign their students (4-5 per group) to the EYA winning projects according to their interests.
- The students particpate in the Winning Projects Presentations during the EYA Festival (Thursday, November 28,. afternoon). Afterwards they talk to “their” winning team and ask any open questions (approx. 1 hour).
- Until the afternoon of the following day they have time to complete the task as mentioned above.
- The presentation of their results takes place in the format of an exhibition (“Open Space”) together with their international colleagues participating in the YFI Europe program. All student groups have to prepare a physical presentation (e.g. poster) as well as a hand-out (no limitations regarding the format).
- During the exhibition always one student keeps standing next to the poster to explain and exchange with other participants. The best YFI Styria project selected by an international jury and an audience voting is awarded on the impressive stage of the EYA Gala Ceremony (November 29, evening).
Benefits for students:
- Working on a practical task under time pressure
- Good training and application of learnt knowledge
- getting to know international talents and expanding their international network!