Youth for Innovation Styria
– student program
YFI Styria has become a central part of EYA and is organized in co-operation with CAMPUS02 and FH Joanneum.
Every year EYA recognizes the best digital solutions with impact on society. The students in the YFI Styria student program will in groups analyse one EYA Winning Project each. The student groups have to develop basic concepts for improvements and further development and present their results at the “Open Space” during the EYA Festival (afternoon of the third day).
How does it work in detail?
- YFI Styria Kick-Off Meeting: mid of October, Murinsel. All participants come together, get an introduction and a glimpse on the EYA winning projects and get to know their colleagues from different courses.
- The course leaders assign their students (4-5 per group) to the EYA winning projects according to their interests.
- The students particpate in the Winning Projects Presentations during the EYA Festival (second day afternoon). Afterwards they talk to “their” winning team and ask any open questions (approx. 1 hour).
- Until the afternoon of the following day they have time to complete the task as mentioned above.
- The presentation of their results takes place in the format of an exhibition (“Open Space”) together with their international colleagues participating in the YFI Europe program. All student groups have to prepare a physical presentation (e.g. poster) as well as a hand-out (no limitations regarding the format).
- During the exhibition always one student keeps standing next to the poster to explain and exchange with other participants. The best YFI Styria project selected by an international jury and an audience voting is awarded on the impressive stage of the EYA Gala Ceremony (November 29, evening).
Benefits for students:
- Working on a practical task under time pressure
- Good training and application of learnt knowledge
- getting to know international talents and expanding their international network!