Local Student Project
Started as a prototype side-project in cooperation with CAMPUS02 in 2012, the EYA local student project has become part a central part of EYA. Three different courses from the local Universities of Applied Sciences (CAMPUS02, FH Joanneum) in Graz are participating with around 90 students each year.
- 12-15 student groups (one for each of EYA Winning Project)
- Task: Student groups have to analyse one of the winning projects in a very short period of time, develop basic concepts for further development and present their results at the EYA Festival.
- How it works:
- The course leaders assign their students (4-5 per group) to the EYA winning projects according to their interests.
- The students particpate in the Winning Projects Presentations during the EYA Festival. Afterwards they can talk to “their” winning team and ask any open questions (approx. 1 hour).
- Until the afternoon of the following day they have time to complete the task as mentioned above.
- The presentation of their results takes place in the format of an exhibition together with their international colleagues participating in the international student project. All student groups have to prepare a poster as well as a hand-out. During the exhibition always one student keeps standing next to the poster to explain and exchange with other participants. The best local project selected by an international jury is awarded at the EYA Gala Ceremony.
BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS:
- Working on a practical task under time pressure
- Good training and application of learnt knowledge
- getting to know international talents and expanding their international network!
With kind support of: