SHack Budapest 2020
EYA went to the Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design in Budapest, Hungary from February 20 to 22, 2020 to organize the SHack Budapest, a social hackathon with the purpose of planning, designing and creating prototypes of smart digital solutions that tackle societal challenges … in just 48 hours!
30 enthusiastic participants and 10 renowned international experts were invited to get together in the capital of Hungary to meet and interact on eye-level and impact society. It was a two-day boot camp for change-makers!
Who was it for?
Everybody with a passion for improving society was welcome to the SHack! 30 participants (18–30 yrs) got the chance to meet international experts, benefit from workshops and develop projects that impact society.
The SHack Budapest was for:
Contribute and make an impact!
- Generate a concept on the spot and form a team
- Or join an existing team and help others improve society
You have an idea or concept and want to make it reality?
- Interact and learn from experts
- Find like minded people to work on your idea
- Make a prototype
For people with an existing prototype, project or start-up
- Advance your project technically
- Develop your business
- Scale-up and internationalize
The focus of the SHack Budapest was Health & Wearables. Participants created fun, innovative and impactful solutions that somehow related to healthcare, well-being, sports, food, etc.
Participants will dive into the weekend by meeting and networking with other participants and experts in person!
They will apply their knowledge and expertise on real-life cases. Get to know and be inspired by international start-ups and innovative projects.
And most importantly, with the input from outstanding coaches, they will develop solutions that impact society!
The best teams were rewarded!
The most motivated and productive team was awarded! The winners were decided by the expert jury, right after the pitch presentations.
- Win tickets for the Boston Minds Conference with John Malkovich on March 9!
- Win a boosting workshop with eit Health!
- “Rural Prize” – supported by INPUT: Win a trip to the Impact Weekend Ulm, SHack Vienna or Game Jam Graz (please note: restricted to participants having a declared permanent or temporary rural Hungarian address).