The EYA International Student Program is a unique opportunity to:
- Learn and exchange ideas with peers from all over Europe!
- Showcase your knowledge in front of the best young developers, designers, ICT experts and producers!
- Effectively apply the skills you developed during the academic year!
- Share your views and opinions!
- Learn about the potential of digital technologies to tackle today´s societal challenges.
- Connect with engaged and motivated people interested in ICT, multimedia, e-content and social innovation and become part of the vibrant EYA network of social change-makers!
Are you ready to demonstrate your talent and help young digital entrepreneurs to change the world with their start-up projects?
The EYA International Student Program connects students from all over Europe to work together and analyze and further develop the #EYA18 winning projects. From October 22 to November 27, you will exchange your ideas and knowledge in virtual conferences with other international students. From November 28 to December 1 you have the opportunity to attend the EYA Festival in Graz, Austria, to meet your international colleagues and present your results to the Winning teams and all Festival participatns.
You have full access to the EYA Festival, may enjoy all workshops and sessions and party at the Gala Ceremony. Follow this link to register!
Who can participate?
University students between 18 and 30 years old, residents in Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Italy, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
– participation fee: 100 Euro (online + Festival Pass).
How it works in detail:
Using Open Source software, students connect online, analyze and enhance the EYA winning projects from October until the EYA Festival (November 28-December 1, 2018). They exchange their ideas and knowledge in virtual conferences and apply learnt theories practically to the winning projects.
- 15 student groups (one for each of the EYA Winning Projects 2018)
- Task: Student groups have to analyse one of the winning projects online, develop basic concepts for further development and present their results at the EYA Festival.
- How it works:
- Students assign themselves to the EYA winning projects according to their interests and form mixed groups online.The course leaders organize virtual kick-off meetings. After that, students start to analyse the projects together online (via google hangouts and others) and answer questions such as (comprehensive questionnaire provided):
1. What are the three main qualities making this project stand out?
2. Which improvements/enhancements do you recommend the team should focus on when preparing the next version of the project?
3. What did you learn from analyzing this project (topic, design, technical aspect, etc.)?
4. What is the role of this project in achieving the goals of the Council of Europe, strategy Europe 2020 and the SDGs?
- Students prepare a poster and hand-out together to summarize their results.
- The presentation of their results takes place in the format of an exhibition together with their local colleagues participating in the local student project at the EYA Festival. During the exhibition always one student keeps standing next to the poster to explain and exchange with other participants. The best international project selected by an international jury is awarded at the EYA Gala Ceremony.
BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS:
- Working on a practical task together in a virtual environment
- Good training and application of learnt knowledge
- Getting to know international talents and expanding their international network!