EUROPEAN YOUTH AWARD CONTEST
Digital Solutions with Impact on Society!
The European Youth Award (contest) is EYA’s flagship initiative. It is a European-wide contest to motivate young people, social entrepreneurs, and start-ups to produce digital projects having an impact on society. It demonstrates their potential to create innovative solutions with Internet and Mobile technology addressing the goals defined by the Council of Europe and Europe 2020 as well as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The annual winners event (EYA Festival) is a unique event combining knowledge – innovation – networking – inspiration – motivation taking place in Graz at the end of November. It is a public event and everybody is welcome to join. Thus, don’t miss the chance and be part of it! Save the date for the next edition: November 27-30.
EYA’s global sister project is the WSA. Both initiatives are organized by the International Center for New Media, a Non-Profit Organization based in Salzburg, Austria. If you are near our office, pass by for a coffee!
Who can participate and become an EYA Winner?
People who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to participate in the competition:
- Creative minds under the age of 33
- living in one of the member states of the European Union, Council of Europe, or Union for the Mediterranean, Belarus or Kosovo
- who have produced an outstanding, innovative digital project to improve society (ex. website, app, wearable device, digital installation)
- and submitted it to the EYA database until July 31, 2019 (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
- in one of the EYA categories.
Check out the full contest rules here.
Evaluation and Jury Process
All completed and submitted digital projects are evaluated by the EYA Jury. The jury is selected on the basis of diverse expertise and perspectives on key issues and are chosen in a way to reach a balance regarding gender, countries and age. The digital projects are evoluated based off the development of information using design, entrepreneurship and social innovation.
The EYA jury is an online (first two rounds (August)) and onsite (final round (September)) process. Check out the amazing Jury Experts 2019 here.
In the first assessment (online), a shortlist of seven to ten nominees per category is obtained. Projects that are nominated by EYA Ambassadors or Experts will directly enter the second round.
In the second round (online), three to five projects per category are selected as the finalists.
The third jury round is an onsite meeting taking place in September. There, the Onsite Jury will select up to three projects per category (maximun of 15) as #EYA Winners!
The winners will be invited to the EYA Festival in Graz. This is where the onsite Festival Jury will select the EYA Young Digital Champion (Overall Winner) amongst all category winners. The final vote is conducted after and on the basis of the presentation of the (winning) projects.
Do you remember that day when you had that idea? That crazy one. And for one second, you felt like you've got it.
For this very special second, you felt you know how to solve what no one else can. Because you care.
Remember how it felt?
We're here to make sure that this feeling lasts more than just a second. We're here to help you see that the solution you've created is beautiful and has potential to help people everywhere. We're here to make sure that you are not alone in the adventure of making a difference, when no one else seems to care.
We are the internet of entrepreneurs who care and by joining forces, we will create a better world.
Together. Globally. Sustainably.
Well, to tell you the truth: no, there is no cash-prize awaiting you. No suitcase full of money. BUT experiences which are more valuable:
- a fantastic family of change-makers sharing the same spirit as you!
- mentoring by the EYA mentoring team AND former EYA winners!
- two comprehensive checks and fresh ideas for your project from international and local students digging deep into your projects for several weeks!
- an invitation to the EYA Festival to learn from outstanding speakers, experienced entrepreneurs and opinion-leaders!
- an international stage to present your innovative project in front of an expert jury and huge audience!
- recognition at the EYA Gala Ceremony by international laudators!
- your projects featured through EYA’s and partners’ channels and in the annual catalogue!
- a professional video about your project!
- international reputation and & legitimacy!
EYA Festival (Winners Event)
The EYA Festival is the Winners Event of the annual contest and EYA’s flagship event. In 2019, this unique event combining knowledge – innovation – networking – inspiration – motivation will take place in Graz from November 27 to 30.
The (open to the public) festival consists of a three-day conference and gala ceremony. You can pre-order your Festival Pass any time here.
Designed to foster networking, peer to peer knowledge-exchange, and to boost your skills and creativity, the program will range from a warm welcome at the City Hall, to the Winners Presentations, capacity building workshops, the famous EYA Campfire, the “Solution Jam”, the Open Space and the Gala Ceremony and Afterparty!
You can check out all photos by Mr. Foto Matthias Rauch from 2018 here!
Want to learn more? Check out these useful links…
EYA short information in different languages: