Contest Rules 2015
1/ About the EYA contest
The European Youth Award is a pan-European competition among socially committed and creative entrepreneurs, start-ups, designers, producers, application developers, journalists, writers, students… under the age of 30 who use Internet and Mobile technology to create social impact.
- The project, product or application entering the contest must be mainly initiated and executed by young people under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1985) from one of the member states of the Council of Europe, Belarus or Kosovo.
(Eligible countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Republic of Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Belarus, Kosovo).
- Registrants to the contest must hold intellectual property rights to the work submitted and be legal originator of the creative project, product or application. They also must have the rights to use the music, sound or audio components used in their project.
- With the registration, contest participants accept the rules of the EYA contest as stated in this document. Any and all legal recourse to rules, actions and conditions of the EYA are entirely excluded.
Please note: Terms and conditions may be subject to change without notice. They will be published on the EYA website.
2/ Registration procedure
- Registration, including submitting project information, must be completed online. After successful registration, participants receive an ID number (via e-mail) to be used in allcommunication concerning their submission.
- Registration procedure includes signing and transmitting the release form to the EYA office. By signing the release form submitters confirm that they are the rightful owners to the necessary rights to submit the project. These rights include the copyright, right for using pictures, sound or audio components.
- The submitted project, product or application may be in any language.
- All registration and submission information (such as project description, CV of producer) must be in English. The provided information must give a clear picture of the project to serve as a sufficient basis for the evaluation process.
4/ Product entry
- The submitted project, product or application must be fully functional and operational at the time of submission and must be accessible via Internet whether it is designed for fixed line, broadband or mobile use.
- Submissions must be made in one of the six categories of the EYA:
1. Healthy Life
2. Smart Learning
3. Connecting Cultures
4. Go Green
5. Active Citizenship
6. Money Matters
- The submitted project, product or application must be completed after January 1, 2014. For projects or products completed earlier submitters have to document that significant alterations and/or improvements and/or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
- Projects, products or applications which have been submitted in the EYA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For projects which have been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and/or improvements and/or additions.
- The submitted project, product or application must be free of offensive or plagiarized content and may not violate human rights as laid out in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and its application by international human rights courts or panels recognized by the United Nations Organization.
5/ Multiple submissions
- In case of multiple submissions from one and the same submitters, each project, product or application requires a separate registration and release form.
6/ Reasons for disqualification
- Malfunctioning of project, product or application during the time of the jury evaluation. Submitters are held responsible for the smooth functioning of their projects, products and applications.
- Lack of ownership of creative rights or infringement of copyrights of others.
- False or missing registration or project information.
- Non-confirmation to the rules of the contest guidelines.
There is no legal recourse possible against the decision of disqualification for the above reasons. All disqualification can be made without notice.
7/ Category switch
- The EYA office and/or jury has the right to switch submissions from one category to another if the category chosen by the producer is recognized as not suitable or less fitting.
- Category switches can be made without notice.
8/ Winners and EYA Festival
- The European Youth Award honors up to 3 winners (persons or teams) per category whose projects, products or applications have been chosen by the jury as the best in the category.
If no projects, products or applications obtain the necessary minimum points in one category, no winner will be honored.
- The jury process and evaluation criteria are published on the website and are subject to change without notice.
- One producer or representative of the winning project has to accept the invitation to the EYA Festival (winners event), present the project, product or application there and receive the award personally. If none of the producers can accept the award personally and are not able to send a representative, they cannot become a EYA Winner. Travel costs will be covered with a lump sum. Accommodation will be provided.
9/ Use of Data
Your data and personal information will be treated confidentially and not given to third parties.