EUROPEAN YOUTH AWARD
Digital Creativity improving Society
Creative Content | Digital Innovation | Social Entrepreneurship
The European Youth Award (EYA) is a pan-European contest to motivate young people, social entrepreneurs, and start-ups to produce digital projects that will have an impact on society. It demonstrates their potential to create innovative solutions with Internet and Mobile technology addressing the goals defined by the Council of Europe and Europe 2020 as well as the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The annual winners event (EYA Festival) is s a unique event combining knowledge – innovation – networking – inspiration – motivation taking place in Graz at the end of November. It is a public event and everybody is welcome to join. Thus, don’t miss the chance and be part of it! The dates for 2018 are November 28 to December 1.
EYA is organized by the International Center for New Media, a Non-Profit Organization based in Salzburg, Austria.
EYA short information in different languages
Who can participate and maybe become EYA Winner in 2018?
People who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to participate in the competition:
- Creative minds under the age of 33 (born on or after January 1, 1985).
- Living in one of the member states of the European Union, Council of Europe, or Union for the Mediterranean, Belarus or Kosovo.
- Who have produced an outstanding, innovative digital project to improve society (ex. website, app, wearable device, digital installation).
The EYA Jury selects 1-3 Winners per category (announcement end of September) and one Overall Winner (EYA Young Digital Champion) among all categories on the basis of the presentations at the EYA Festival (announcement at the Gala Ceremony).
SUBMISSION FOR #EYA18 IS OPEN UNTIL JULY 15: https://db.icnm.net/Signup/EYA/2018/
Stay up to date and sign up for the EYA newsletter at eya[at]icnm.net!
EYA Festival: a Hotspot for Innovation and young Future Visions
Europe’s social digital rock stars and changemakers meet at this unique yearly networking event held in Graz, City of Design & Human Rights, in November (Nov 28-Dec 1, 2018). The (open to the public) festival comprises a three-day conference and a gala ceremony.
It is designed to foster networking, peer to peer knowledge-exchange, and to boost your skills and creativity.
What you can expect:
- EYA Winners present their inspiring projects to the international Festival audience. They receive feedback from the Festival Expert Jury and the EYA network – Europe’s most vibrant and lively digital community and engaged students.
- IT pioneers, expert speakers, mentors and experienced entrepreneurs share their experience and know-how in keynotes, interactive workshops and the most appreciated and unique EYA Campfire.
- All Festival participants – smart people from all over Europe – exchange and discuss innovative ideas and future cooperation at networking events.
- Last but not least: an awesome and inspiring evening of excellence (EYA Gala Ceremony) and farewell party at the unique Dom im Berg.
What are you waiting for? Save your spot at this European flagship event for social digital changemakers and order your Festival Pass here!
EYA Network: a Community of Changemakers
• Creative start-ups and Internet pioneers.
• Business leaders and experienced managers.
• Inspiring thought-leaders and visionaries.
• Journalists and press representatives.