EYA is seeking and rewarding the most creative digital projects (egs. websites, apps, wearable devices, games, IoT, smart things or digital installations). Projects have to be submitted in one (!) the following nine categories.
Please note: the category descriptions below are meant to serve as general guidelines. All digital projects improving society and addressing the basic idea of a category are welcome to participate! If you are not sure in which category you should submit your project, please contact the EYA team (eya[at]icnm.net). Don’t submit the project in two or more categories.
FOSTERING HEALTH: healthcare | sports | food | well-being
The Healthy Life category includes digital projects and solutions that…
- Raise awareness for the health and well-being of people at all stages of life.
- Overcome economic, social & demographic barriers hindering access to medical treatment and health information.
- Find new possibilities in healthcare and medical treatments.
- Reduce maternal mortality ration & preventable deaths of newborn & children.
- Provide relevant data, diagnosing and communication tools supporting medical professionals and patients.
- Promote usage of ICTs for sports, physical exercise and an active lifestyle to prevent future health problems.
- Offer smart health devices or ensure tech solutions.
- Develop patient-centered approaches aimed at overall well-being.
- Pursue digital health technologies.
- Promote a balanced diet, achieve food security and improved nutrition.
- Pursue novel food technology solutions for reducing food waste.
- Promote a responsible lifestyle, especially addressing substance misuse, addiction, sexual and reproductive health, early, unplanned or crisis pregnancy, mental health, sport, nutrition, family and work perspectives.
- Take action on SDG 2 and 3.
SMART LEARNING: education | infotainment | e-skills | science and R & D
The Smart Learning category includes digital projects and solutions that…
- Find new creative approaches to education & learning.
- Help to boost the learner’s motivation by making learning fun and joyful.
- Promote lifelong learning opportunities and support related networks.
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education.
- Enable the earliest possible assessment and identification of learning and social problems, cultural or other barriers hindering education.
- Reduce the rates of early school leaving, but also make second chance education opportunities available.
- Promote digital skills, ICT competence and MINT professions.
- Provide specific education tools for disadvantaged groups (including regional, social, economic, cultural, physical or other disadvantages).
- Promote science and inclusive R&D, and support interdisciplinary networks involving various interest groups (such as teachers, students, researchers, policy makers).
- Create and support inclusive and effective learning environments.
- Help strengthen joyful teaching methods, and support teaching resources and knowledge.
- Have a special focus on offline learning applications for regions with poor Internet connection.
- Take action on SDG 4.
CONNECTING CULTURES: diversity | heritage | integration | gender equality
The Connecting Cultures category includes digital projects and solutions that…
- Support multilingualism, and the understanding and knowledge of different cultures and communities.
- Preserve and rediscover cultural heritage and indigenous culture, knowledge and tradition.
- Empower inclusion and integration at all societal levels or any other status, irrespective of age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion, and economic or other status.
- Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- Improve the accessibility and affordability of cultural opportunities including theatre, concerts or exhibitions.
- Achieve gender equality in all social and economic spheres.
- Enhance new forms of culture.
- Support travelers to find information and inspiration, while accessing up to date travel information to enhance safety.
- Take action on SDG 5 and 10.
PLANET FRIENDLY: sustainable energy | biodiversity | climate change | intelligent infrastructures
The Planet Friendly category includes digital projects and solutions that…
- Raise people’s awareness of energy consumption, and foster a responsible and sustainable attitude.
- Help to increase energy efficiency and the production of energy from renewables.
- Foster smart mobility and enhance safe traffic and travel.
- Make cities and human settlement smart, resilient & sustainable.
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable und modern energy for all.
- Combat climate change and its impacts, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems.
- Conserve biodiversity and provide information about it.
- Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems.
- Enhance the life of animals.
- Support sustainable food production and agriculture.
- Make our planet green and clean.
- Take action on SDG 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15.
ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP: digital journalism | democratic participation | social cohesion | human rights
The Active Citizenship category includes digital projects and solutions that…
- Enhance free, critical and investigative journalism.
- Ensure freedom of speech, opinion and press.
- Raise awareness for societal problems and find solutions for social exclusion, injustice and inequality.
- Promote a bottom-up approach in political decision-making.
- Create awareness for human rights and provide access to justice for all.
- Enable low threshold access to information on social rights, and civil and social participation.
- Promote meaningful participation in the planning and management of living environments.
- Ensure that people are able to exercise their role as active citizens without discrimination.
- Take action on SDG 16.
SUSTAINABLE ECONOMICS: financial literacy | responsible consumption | fair commerce | fundraising
The Sustainable Economics category includes digital projects and solutions that…
- Enhance basic economic understanding and financial literacy.
- Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
- Create opportunities for social & responsible commerce and fair trade.
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Help fundraise for NPOs, social projects and humanitarian organization.
- Work to end poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- End hunger and malnutrition, especially in the world’s least industrialized countries.
- Take action on SDG 1, 2, 8 and 12.
MANAGING LIFE: personal development | relationships | activity planning | decent work
The Managing Life category includes digital projects and solutions that…
- Help people to manage and organize various aspects of their lives.
- Support the personal development of individuals and empower them to reach their goals.
- Support people in their relationships with others, to solve interpersonal conflicts constructively and peacefully.
- Ease individual everyday life and activity planning but also helps to coordinate activities within specific groups (e.g. families, friends, peers, colleagues,…)
- Help to reach full and productive employment, and decent work for all.
- Take action on SDG 8.
OPEN INNOVATION music and arts | crazy stuff | digital magic | improving the world
The Open Innovation includes digital projects and solutions that…
- Use music and arts as a universal language, touching and connecting the human spirit, crossing boundaries of culture, race and religion.
- Improve society, but do not fit in any other category.
- Have a clear social focus, or reflect and raise awareness for social grievances.
This category is especially for people living in Europe targeting challenges outside Europe and trying to improve the world with their projects.
FUTURE EUROPE: Europositivism | European Union | European Remembrance | EU policy making
The Future Europe category includes digital projects and solutions that…
- contribute to citizens’ understanding of the European Union.
- foster a positive feeling towards the European Union and a common European Culture.
- stimulate debate, reflection and development of networks to encourage democratic and civic participation of citizens at European Union level.
- promote opportunities for societal and intercultural engagement and volunteering.
- come up with means how to encounter populism.
- promote peace, its values and the well-being of European peoples.
- reflect on the significance of contemporary democratic achievements such as rule of law, civil liberties, civic rights.
- make understanding of fragility of civic rights tangible.
- raise awareness of remembrance, common history and the Union’s values.
- take action on SDG 16 and 17.