- Apply Now!
- About EYA
- Message by Peter A. Bruck
- Voices on EYA
- Previous Editions
- EYA 2015
- EYA 2014
- EYA 2013
- EYA 2012
- Social Hackathon
International Student Project
International experience and cooperation are essential parts of seminal curricula at modern universities. Started as a prototype side-project, the international student online project has become part of EYA's core and is growing year by year. In 2015, 8 academic partners from different countries got involved with their students.
Using Open Source software, students connect online, analyze and enhance the EYA winning projects from October until the EYA Festival. They exchange their ideas and knowledge in virutal conferences and apply learnt theories practically to the winning projects.
- 12-18 student groups (one for each of the 12-18 EYA Winning Projects)
- Task: Student groups have to analyse one of the winning projects online, develop basic concepts for further development and present their results at the EYA Festival.
- How it works:
- Students assign themselves to the EYA winning projects according to their interests and form mixed groups online. The course leaders organize virtual kick-off meetings. After that, students start to analyse the projects together online (via google hangouts and others) and answer questions such as (comprehensive questionnaire provided):
1. What are the three main qualities making this project stand out?
2. Which improvements/enhancements do you recommend the team should focus on when preparing the next version of the project?
3. What did you learn from analyzing this project (topic, design, technical aspect, etc)?
4. What is the role of this project in achieving the goals of the Council of Europe and strategy Europe 2020?
- Students prepare a poster and hand-out together to summarize their results.
- The presentation of their results takes place in the format of an exhibition together with their local colleagues participating in the local student project at the EYA Festival. During the exhibition always one student keeps standing next to the poster to explain and exchange with other participants. The best international project selected by an international jury is awarded at the EYA Gala Ceremony.
BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS:
- Working on a practical task together in a virtual environment
- Good training and application of learnt knowledge
getting to know international talents and expanding their international network!
Interested to support this project and sponsor the participation of one of the student group? Send an e-mail to kolb[at]icnm.net